Boy burned in Abilene apartment fire has died, mother in serious condition

Editor's Note: To access a fundraising page for the Hardy family, click here

ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - A young boy injured during an apartment fire in Abilene Wednesday morning has passed away.

Liam Hardy was flown to a Lubbock burn unit after suffering 3rd degree burns in a fire at the Warwick Apartments.

Previously, three people were taken to Hendrick Medical Center after being injured in the fire. Ashley Hardy and her two sons, Aiden and Liam all sustained at least 2nd degree burns and smoke inhalation.

While Aiden remained at Hendrick, Liam and Ashley were flown to a burn unit in Lubbock.

According to family members, Liam has passed away. 

His mother Ashley remains in serious condition, but is stable.

Stay with BigCountryHomepage.com for more updates to the story.

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Gardening Tips
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Pros Who Know
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Looking For A Career?
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Don't Miss KTAB 4U at 4 p.m.
  • See What's Playing In Theaters!
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News