Fire Damages North Abilene Home

Published 03/22 2014 09:59PM

Updated 03/22 2014 10:09PM

A house fire in the 1600 block of Rainey Road sustained damages estimated at $30,000.

Firefighters responded to the call shortly after 7 p.m. Upon arrival, smoke was already dwelling from the roof of the single-family dwelling. The fire had already made its way into the attic when firefighters arrived. According to AFD, the fire was under control within 15 minutes. 

At this time, it's unknown whether or not the occupants were at home. The investigation shows the fire may have started from a heat lamp located in a chicken/rabbit coop in the backyard.

No injuries were reported, but a relative of the homeowners tell KTAB News that three rabbits died.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon