Fire Investigators: Mimosa Drive House Fire Caused by Faulty Wiring

Published 07/01 2014 09:15PM

Updated 07/02 2014 08:58AM

Firefighters were called to a house fire on the 1900 block of Mimosa Drive Tuesday around 8:30 p.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke and flames issuing from the home, but were able to put the fire out quickly. Fire investigators found charred insulation inside the home and, after a thorough investigation, it was determined that the cause of the fire was faulty electrical wiring.

According to Captain Michael Burden, the family got home in time to report the fire and there were no injuries.

There was approximately $5,000 in damages to the home and, in all, seven pieces of fire equipment responded.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.