Chicken Coop Fire Leaves Local Family Homeless

By Ariana Lubelli |

Published 01/28 2014 10:13PM

Updated 01/28 2014 10:26PM

Firefighters from Abilene and Hamby were called to a mobile home northeast of Abilene. By the time crews arrived, the entire home was engulfed in flames. Homeowner, Brett Fox, says the fire was caused by a heating lamp malfunction in his chicken coop. He and his wife were able to escape without injury.

The blaze took over everything that the Fox's owned. They were left with nothing but still stayed optimistic. "It's a hard lose but not that hard because it's materialism," says Fox. He believes his belongings are just materials that can be replaced. He grateful that he and his family are safe.  

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon