Clyde Mayor Dustin Hawk and Callahan County Judge Roger Corn are requesting a disaster declaration to help the storm victims pay for the necessary repairs.
Clyde Fire Chief Billy Dezern said the storms damaged at least 140 homes and 14 businesses in the community. Another 40 homes and five or six additional businesses were damaged outside of the city.
- Slideshow: Resident Tours Damage in Clyde
- Residents Start Cleanup Process
- RAW: Damage Seen throughout Clyde
- Clyde Storm Topples House with Man Still Inside
- VIDEO: Meteorologists Explain Damage in Clyde
- Downburst, Not Tornado Caused Clyde Damage
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.