Beginning Monday, March 24 through April 30, 2014, old directories may be dropped off at several elementary, head start and early childhood centers. The schools are competing for $100 cash prize from Keep Abilene Beautiful and each campus that participates will receive a 20 gallon tree complements of TXU Energy.
“Our goal is to provide a fun, rewarding and educational program that will generate recycling awareness within our youth,” said Nicole Eaves, Coordinator, Keep Abilene Beautiful. “This program provides a way for the entire community to support recycling and the local schools.”
Phone books can be dropped off during regular school hours at the following campuses:
- Austin Elementary – 2341 Greenbriar Drive
- Bassetti Elementary – 5749 Hwy 277 South
- Crockett Early Head Start – 3282 S. 13th Street
- Dyess Elementary – 402 Delaware Road
- Johnston Elementary – 3602 N. 12th Street
- Locust Early Childhood – 625 S. 8th Street
- Myra Martinez Elementary – 1250 Merchant Street
- Ortiz Elementary – 2550 Vogel Street
- Reagan Elementary – 5340 Hartford Street
- Taylor Elementary – 916 E.N. 13th Street
- Thomas Elementary – 1240 Lakeside Drive
- Woodson Early Childhood – 520 N. 9th Street
- Woodson Early Head Start – 949 Plum Street
The collection containers, hauling and recycling services are being provided by the City of Abilene’s Environmental Recycling Center. Phone books are accepted, year round, at their location 2209 Oak Street.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.