Clothes Iron Ignites North Abilene House Fire, Family Escapes

A family of three escaped from their burning North Abilene home with no injuries early Sunday morning.

Fire crews arrived around 4:30 a.m. Sunday and found heavy smoke and fire billowing from the home in the 1900 block of Mimosa.

The cause of the fire was a clothing iron that was left on and ignited the surface it was sitting on, fire officials said.

The home suffered $50,000 in damages.

The family, two parents and a child, were able to get out of the home without any injuries.

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Don't Miss KTAB 4U at 4 p.m.
  • Heart To Heart On KRBC
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Big Hearts In The Big Country
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • See What's Playing In Theaters!
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Pros Who Know
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News