Fire Leaves Two Homeless, Damages Neighboring Homes

A south Abilene fire has left two women without a home.

KTAB received exclusive video of the fire just moments after it broke.

It happened Friday afternoon near 19th and Sayles Blvd.  

Abilene firefighters say they believe it was an accident, caused by a a tossed cigarette that was meant to land inside a trash can.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

Personnel from the Red Cross were at the home speaking with the owner. 

They usually help provide a temporary place for people to stay after similar situations.

The fire also left damage on the two homes beside it, melting off a few of the panels off the front of one of the homes.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Don't Miss KTAB 4U at 4 p.m.
  • Heart To Heart On KRBC
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Big Hearts In The Big Country
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • See What's Playing In Theaters!
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Pros Who Know
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News