School staff immediately called for an ambulance which rushed her to Hendrick Medical Center.
The school's principal tells us the girl was conscious and alert and they are now scoping out the campus to ensure there aren't any other snakes slithering around.
This is the first time a student has been bitten by a rattlesnake at the school, although we're told they have been spotted before.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.