1 injured after cigarette sparks north Abilene house fire

ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - One person was hospitalized after an improperly discarded cigarette sparked a house fire in north Abilene Tuesday night. 

When firefighters arrived on scene the fire on the 1400 block North 6th Street around 11:00 p.m.,  smoke and heavy flames were seen at the front of the duplex. 

The fire was quickly extinguished but ended up causing a total of $15,000 worth of damage to the home.

One person was sent to the hospital to receive treatment for minor burns but has since been released. 

Four occupants are now without a home following the fire. 

 

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News