ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - The Abilene Police Department has corrected their unsolved homicide list, adding two additional cold cases within their jurisdiction over the past 25 years.
KTAB and KRBC reminded police of a 2004 cold case not included in the original list - Garrett McMahan. APD then confirmed McMahan's case is still unsolved. Police also checked their records for other cases that could have been missed and discovered another - Mary Wilkes was killed in 1999.
APD released their original list of unsolved homicides during a press conference held Tuesday morning to address their progress on the investigation into the murder of Abilene realtor Tom Niblo.
During the press conference, Sergeant Willie Ford stated there is still not enough evidence to arrest any suspects for the crime seven months after Niblo was shot and killed.
Niblo's murder marks at least the 9th unsolved homicide investigated by the Abilene Police Department over the past 25 years, according to statistics released at the conference.
The following 9 victims are still waiting for justice to be served:
- Tom Niblo (2016) - Abilene real estate agent Tom Niblo was shot and killed while in bed inside his home on the 3700 block of Woodridge Drive. His brother-in-law, Luke Sweetser, remains the only publicly identified suspect, though no arrests have been made.
- Alan Hickman (2014) - A shooting at a home on the 800 block of Mesquite Street claimed the life of Alan Hickman, 58. Initial reports say he was shot at least one time.
- Dan Nickerson (2012) - Dan Nickerson was found dead in an alleyway in June of 2012. He was shot and killed, but no suspects have been identified.
- Bobby Beck (2005) - No information is available
- Garrett McMahan (2004) - No information is available
- Reyes Olvera (2004) - No information is available
- Jennifer Servo (2002) - KRBC reporter Jennifer Servo was sexually assaulted, strangled, and killed inside her apartments just months after she landed her first on-air gig. Her ex-boyfriend Ralph Sepulveda remains the only named suspect in her death.
- Mary Wilkes (1999) - No information is available
- Melvin Scruggs (1994) - No information is available
The child sex crime suspect killed in an officer-involved shooting at…