Family members killed from carbon monoxide at Lake Brownwood identified

BROWN COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - The names of three family members killed from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Lake Brownwood deer camp have been identified. 

John Glass Sr., 69, of Lake Brownwood, and Bryan Glass, 41, and Cody Glass 13, were all found deceased inside a box trailer on the property between Brownwood and Bangs around 1:00 p.m. Saturday, according to the Brown County Sheriff's Office. 

A social media post from the Sheriff's Office states, "propane heaters, with no ventilation in the cabin, was the source of the poisoning."

In light of this tragedy, Sheriff Vance Hill wants, "to caution everyone about this. Ventilation is necessary when using these types of heaters in confined places. Carbon Monoxide detectors are very inexpensive to purchase."

Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include dull headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision, and loss of consciousness.


More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News