Former Dyess AFB Deputy Fire Chief arrested for child sex crime, police looking for more victims

ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - Police are searching for potential child victims who may have been sexually assaulted by a former Dyess AFB deputy fire chief arrested for soliciting a minor online. 

Floyd Anthony Jones, 56, was taken into custody for Online Solicitation of a Minor Monday afternoon after a search warrant was executed at his home in south Abilene. He was released from jail after posting a $25,000 bond. 

Police began investigating Jones in April after an undercover federal agent responded to an ad he placed on Craigslist soliciting sex from an underage child with help from the child's mother, according to a press release.

Court documents state the undercover agent posed as the mother of a 13-year-old girl and she and Jones discussed the age of the girl and Jones described "sexual contact he would like to have with the child."

During the communications, "Jones also refers to past experiences he has had with mothers and underage daughters", according to the documents.

Police say Jones then set a date to meet the undercover "mother" and her daughter in June but ultimately abandoned these plans. 

Because of the "explicit and apparent first-hand description of a child sexual assault during his conversation with the undercover [Federal] Agent," Abilene police are concerned Jones may have sexually assaulted at least one child victim and are currently trying to identify who that victim may be. 

If any additional victims are identified, Jones could be charged with Sexual Assault of a Child in addition to his Online Solicitation charge. 

Numerous electronic devices, as well as other items of evidence, were seized from Jones' home during the search warrant execution and are expected to be processed in the coming days. 

Anyone with information on Jones or his potential victims is asked to call the Abilene CrimeStoppers at (325)676-8477. 

The FBI and the Dyess Office of Special Investigations assisted in the investigation into Jones and his subsequent arrest. 

Jones was previously employed as the Deputy Fire Chief of the 7th Civil Engineering Squadron but has since retired from that position. 

BigCountryHomepage will update this article if Dyess AFB decides to provide a statement regarding Jones' arrest.

More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News