Space heater placed near combustibles blamed for Abilene house fire

ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - Investigators believe a space heater placed to close to combustibles caused a fire in north Abilene early Wednesday morning.

The Red Cross was called to assist occupants of a home on the 1700 block of Clinton Street after the residence was heavily damaged from smoke and water following a fire that began around 2:20 a.m., according to a press release from the Abilene Fire Department. 

No injuries were reported but the total damages are estimated at $15,000. 

The press release states, "fire investigators have determined the fire was accidental and started by a portable heater placed too close to combustibles."


More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News