Main News

Three men found dead in Brown County, carbon monoxide identified as cause

BROWN COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - The Brown county Sheriff's Office is investigating after three men were found dead between Brownwood and Bangs.

According to a Facebook post from the Brown County Sheriff's office, deputies responded to a deer camp between Brownwood and Bangs just after 1:00 Saturday afternoon.

There, they found the bodies of three males inside of a box trailer, which had been converted into a cabin.

Sheriff Vance Hill confirmed on the Facebook post the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning.

"Propane heaters, with no ventilation in the cabin, was the source of the poisoning," Sheriff Hill wrote.

The ages of the victims range from early teens to 69. The victims have not been identified.

"I want to caution everyone about this," Sheriff Hill wrote on Facebook. "Ventilation is necessary when using these types of heaters in confined places. Carbon Monoxide detectors are very inexpensive to purchase."

KTAB/KRBC has reached out to the Brown County Sheriff's Office for more information. BCSO says the "investigation is ongoing and they have no comment at this time."


More Stories

Trending Stories

Latest News