"By the time I knocked on one building and the guys came out, I wanted to knock on the one across from them, there was already so much smoke, I couldn't get to it," Kimberly, resident of Mill Creek Apartments, said.
Mill Creek Apartments put the residents that lived in building three in a hotel. Fire investigators determined that a cigarette started the fire.
Damages of the fire are estimated to be around $100,000.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.