All levels - early childhood, elementary, middle school and high school - will host registration beginning with Dyess AFB families and Pre-Kindergarten/Head Start on Aug. 4.
Students who have a change of residence that results in a new attendance zone, and all students who are new to Abilene ISD, will need to register at the appropriate campus. In addition, students from Craig Middle School who were impacted by a boundary update approved in February will need to register at Mann Middle School.
Here's the schedule:
· Dyess AFB Families - Monday, Aug. 4, all Pre-K and K-12, at Dyess AFB Heritage Club, 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
· Pre-K and Head Start - Monday-Tuesday, Aug. 4-5 at Abilene Civic Center, 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Aug. 4 for 4-year-olds only; Aug. 5 for 3- and 4-year-olds)
· High School - Monday, Aug. 11, and Tuesday, Aug. 12, at each campus, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
· Elementary - Tuesday, Aug. 12, at each campus, 8 a.m. - Noon
· Middle School - Tuesday, Aug. 12, at each campus, Noon - 4 p.m.
What to bring: If the student is new to Abilene ISD, the parent or guardian should bring the following items: proof of residence (gas, water or electric bill or copy of mortgage/lease), child's birth certificate, child's social security card, child's immunization record, the driver's license of the adult who is enrolling the student, any records from the previous school, and, if it applies, any documentation regarding divorce/custody or child custodial issues.
For more information, see "Student Registration" under the For Parents tab at www.abileneisd.org
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.