What type of insurance do you need in your apartment?

Published 03/21 2014 06:37PM

Updated 03/21 2014 06:47PM

A recent fire at an apartment complex here in Abilene has many people questioning what type of insurance they are required to have, or should have if they live in an apartment.

Craig Sanders of Sanders Insurance Agency says many people believe that they are covered under their landlords insurance policy and that is just not the case.

 "This type of insurance is overlooked, and people don't realize they need it until it's too late," he said.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon