Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Cowboys Snap Skid With Win Over Schreiner
ABILENE, Texas -- Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team snapped an eight-match losing streak with a 6-3 win over Schreiner on Friday afternoon at the Streich Tennis Complex.
HSU won two of the three doubles matches with Michael McCullough and Nathan Chavez winning 8-5 at No. 1 and Steven Stanley and Jordan Wilson winning 8-5 at No. 2.
McCullough, Chavez, Stanley and Wilson also won their singles matches at No. 1, 2, 3 and 5. Wilson came from behind to win a three-setter.
HSU is now 2-10 overall and 1-1 in league play. Schreiner fell to 3-11 overall and 0-2 in ASC play. HSU returns to action on Thursday at McMurry.
Hardin-Simmons 6, Schreiner 3
1. Michael McCullough (HSU) def. Austin Carrolla, 6-2, 7-5
2. Nathan Chavez (HSU) def. Stephen Rogers, 6-4, 6-0
3. Steven Stanley (HSU) def. Nathan West, 6-4, 6-2
4. Josh Ramirez (SU) def. Jesse Rawlings, 7-6, 6-7, 10-3
5. Jordan Wilson (HSU) def. Brice Conoly, 3-6, 7-5, 10-8
6. Marco Hinojosa (SU) def. Dylan Price, 4-6, 6-2, 10-1
1. McCullough/Chavez (HSU) def. Carrolla/Rogers, 8-5
2. Stanley/Wilson (HSU) def. Thomas Lozano/ Ramirez, 8-5
3. Conoly/West (SU) def. Frankie Sanchez/Rawlings, 9-7
Residents React to Low Levels of Chromium in Big Country Water Systems
A Class on Serial Murder Investigations
Local Gym Trains First Responders Free of Charge
Sweetwater Teacher Accused of Improper Relationship with Student
Brown Co. Man Guilty of Throwing Acid in Man's Face, Shooting at Another man