Public water systems are encouraged to enter their water in the contest by contacting Mike Michaud at the City of Abilene Environmental Lab at 325-676-6041 no later than Wednesday, April 30th. Contestants must be public water systems that actually treat the drinking water themselves and have at least one representative who is a member of the Texas Water Utilities Association (TWUA).
The judges of the contest are members in good standing with the TWUA and will look for specific taste qualities when determining the award winners. The categories for the contest are:
- Best Ground Water, population greater than 10,000
- Best Ground Water, population less than 10,000
- Best Surface Water, population greater than 10,000
- Best Surface Water, population less than 10,000
- Best Overall Tasting Water
The contest winners will be announced during the Central West Texas Regional Water School luncheon at noon on Wednesday, May 7 in the Exhibit Hall of the Abilene Civic Center.
The TWUA Central West Texas Regional School provides training for area and regional water and wastewater employees for licensing.