Community Helps Homeowner on Sunday House Fire

Community Helps Homeowner on Sunday House Fire

Sweetwater community helps victim when her house was on fire on Sunday.
A fire heavily damaged a home on the 300 block of West Texas Street in Sweetwater, Sunday.

As flames were burning through the house at 8:30 am, residents in the community that were passing by, stopped to help the homeowner. 

They noticed that the homeowner was trying to go back inside the home to save her dog, but they stopped her. 

They also tried to contain the fire until Sweetwater Fire Officials arrived. 

Sweetwater Fire Chief, Grant Madden says people that are not trained to fight fires, should not attempt to do so, but he is glad they guided her away from the home. 

The homeowner suffered burns on her face and neck and was flown to Lubbock. 
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus