When fire fighters arrived heavy smoke was coming from the house.
According to AFD, the fire started in a shed that is near the covered car lot. However, the investigation is still on going as to what started the fire.
No one was injured however someone was treated at the scene for having difficulty breathing, but did not go to the hospital.
Fire fighters stayed on the scene after they put the fire out to check on hot spots.
The homeowners had lived in the home since 1989. But what made the house so special was that the homeowners built the house themselves within three months.
All the pets did make it out of the house and the homeowners were able to save some items.
They were still in shock and said that the effect probably sink in later tonight.