House Fire Outside Anson Displaces Family

House Fire Outside Anson Displaces Family

A house fire on County Road 383 in Anson leaves a family without a place to call home.
A house fire on County Road 383 in Anson leaves a family without a place to call home.

According to the homeowner, the fire was started by a spark from a BBQ pit fire before 2:30 p.m. The homeowner says she tried to stomp out the fire but it crawled under the home and went out of control.

The homeowner and her grandson were outside the home and walked away with no injuries. Anson Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire and it took them nearly 45 minutes to put out. The flames also spread into the neighboring land. The firefighters stuck around for two hours to make sure the fire wouldn't spread.

Eight people were living in the home and recently moved in a month ago, the homeowner says.

American Red Cross was at the scene and provided them a hotel to stay in and money for food, clothes and other personal needs.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus