The fire broke out late Monday night in the 1300 block of 24th Street. The family of five was not home at the time of the fire but the family pets were. Firefighters were able to rescue the dogs inside, but most of the family's belongings were destroyed.
According to the homeowner's sister Norma Ramos, the family was spending time at their mother's when their neighbor called informing them of the situation.
"This is everything my sister, her husband and kids had," Ramos tearfully said.
Ramos says that the house was her childhood home. The 35-year old first moved in with her younger siblings when she was in fifth grade. Upon arrival, the sight of the burned-down home devastated Ramos.
"It's just hard to see," says Ramos. "I don't understand why this had to happen to us."
The Snyder Fire Department tells KTAB that the case is still under investigation. As of Wednesday, the family was staying at a local motel.