Below is a summary of planned construction and maintenance work to be performed on roadways in Abilene and surrounding areas for the next week.
TxDOT construction and maintenance update March 24-28
Below is a summary of planned construction and maintenance work to be performed on roadways in Abilene and surrounding areas for the next week. While TxDOT strives to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions and activities, circumstances beyond our control may occasionally cause schedule changes. TxDOT urges motorists to drive with caution, obey the posted speed limit signs and be alert for construction equipment and workers.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- US 83 frontage roads from Canyon Rock Road to FM 707: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes are closed and traffic is limited to one way on each side of the freeway. The southbound exit to Clack Street is closed as crews reconstruct the ramp. When the reconstructed Clack exit opens, the exit from Loop 322/Treadaway to Clack will be closed. Traffic that would normally access destinations from that direction will need to use Antilley Road, Memorial Drive and Covent Drive to reach locations along Clack. This change is expected to happen in late March or early April. (See map below for details.)
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. The northbound entrance ramp at Industrial Boulevard is closed, and traffic will need to enter the freeway at the ramp just past Oldham Lane.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Crews will be working on construction of the south side of the bridge. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
· FM 2404 from Jones County line to US 277: Level-up.
· I-20 south frontage road from Tye to FM 3438: Base failure repairs.
For more information, contact Darah Waldrip, TxDOT Abilene District public information officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (325) 676-6817 (office) or (325) 201-8641 (mobile).
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.