84°F
Sponsored by

UPDATE: House Fire on Ambler Caused by an Exhaust Fan

The house fire in the 1700 block of Ambler on Friday night was caused by an exhaust fan in the bathroom overheating, according to the Abilene Fire Department.
Updated Story (5/10/14) 1:00 p.m.

The house fire in the 1700 block of Ambler on Friday night was caused by an exhaust fan in the bathroom overheating, according to the Abilene Fire Department. The plastic housing of the fan melted onto combustible contents on the countertop.

Residents smelled the burning odor and evacuated safely. They are currently staying with their family. The approximate damage total is $5,000.
 
ORIGINAL STORY

A house fire on the 1700 block of Ambler was called in around 9:05 p.m. on Friday May 9th.

According to Abilene Fire Department, the fire started in the attic, and is believed to have started due to an electrical spark. The investigation is still ongoing.

Three engines and a ladder responded to the fire.

There was at least five individuals in the home, no one was injured.

The people from the house had to find a place stay the night due to the electricity being out.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus
Looking for a Job?