68°F
Sponsored by

Single Candle Burns Sweetwater Home

A house in Sweetwater burned Tuesday night due to a single candle that had been left burning.
Firefighters responded to a house fire on Silas Street in Sweetwater around 11 p.m. Tuesday night.

According to the Fire Chief Grant Madden, as well as the owner of the home, the cause of the fire was a candle that was left burning throughout the night.

According to Chief Madden, the owner of the home says that her power was turned off and that is the reason why she had candles burning.

Before she went to sleep, she blew out the candles with the exception of one.

She and her grandchild were the only people in the home and they both escaped without injuries.

We will have more on this story later today.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Looking for a Job?