The Ranger Fire Department says crews arrived at the house on the 400 block of Mesquite Street in Ranger shortly after 9 p.m. Sunday to find a fully involved structure.
Investigators say the house was very old, and had been vacant for some time.
Ranger firefighters called for backup from Eastland and Olden Fire Departments. They were able to get the blaze under control, and stayed through the night until the house burned to the ground.
Investigators say the fire is of a suspicious nature, and will continue to look into how it sparked.
No injuries were reported.