The Big Country covers thousands of square miles. Dangerous storms are often less than 200 square miles. In the past, severe weather warnings were issued for entire counties creating uncertainty as to exactly where the threat really is. The National Weather Service now uses a new and much more precise method to define a warning area called STORM-BASED WARNINGS
that reduces the size of a warning area by an average of 75 percent. Weather Call
combines this new method to determine a warning area with robust emergency telephone notification. Using computerized mapping, WeatherCall
matches the danger area defined by the National Weather Service with your exact street address. If your address is within the danger area of the weather warning, KRBC Chief Meteorologist Randy Turner
will deliver the warning message to the phone numbers you register, and also send you an email if you provide one.
Important things to know about Weather Call before you sign up:
The KRBC Weather Call service is a very precise storm warning service, which costs only $9.95 per year to subscribe to. When you register, your home or business will be assigned a latitude/longitude value which is stored in the Weather Call computers, along with your telephone numbers and email addresses (if you have them).
- You may register up to 3 telephone numbers and 3 email addresses for each location.
- You may register land line or cell phone numbers.
- You may have the warning sent to a digital cell phone via SMS text messaging. For instructions, visit www.weathercall.net and click on the FAQ's.
- You MUST provide a PHYSICAL STREET ADDRESS. Our system cannot locate Post Office Boxes, Mail Stops, Rural Routes, etc.
- Tornado warnings are mandatory.
- You may choose to also receive Severe Thunderstorm phone calls and/or emails, and Flash Flood warnings via email and SMS text messaging.
- Please click on the link below to read the Weather Call Subscriber Agreement. You may print a copy for your files.
- A Weather Call will come to your phone from phone number 1-866-481-3549. It is recommended that you store this number in your phone's memory and label it "Randy's Weather Call" so it will display on your Caller ID.
Click here for the Weather Call Subscriber Agreement .pdf
Click here to sign up, I have read the agreement and want to sign up on line using a credit card
If you do not use credit cards, you may click on the link below to print a manual registration form. Complete the application and mail with a certified check or money order for $9.95 made out to Weather Call (we do not accept personal checks, sorry):
If you need to contact the Customer Service Department, please call: 1-800-260-6695. Weather Call
P.O. Box 472
Parker, CO 80134
Click Here To Print A Manual Registration Form .txt
Click Here To Print A Manual Registration Form .pdf