Welcome to Your Safe City
Your Safe City is a collaborative partnership between KTAB, KRBC, BigCountryHomepage.com, the Abilene Police Department, and the following local organizations:
- Child Protective Services
- The Noah Project
- Abilene Police Department, SVU
- Child Advocacy Center
- Regional Victims Crisis Center
- Connecting Caring Communities
- Stop the Violence
- Taylor County Sheriff?s Office
- Love and Care Ministries
- 1 Kingdom City Transformation
- Betty Hardwick Center
- 211 Information
If you would like information on how your local organization can become involved, please contact Kevin Osgood.
- RAINN National Sexual Violence Hotline:
At any given moment, RAINN (Rape Abuse and Incest National Network) has over 1100 trained volunteers on duty to help victims at crisis centers across the country.
- National Child Abuse Hotline:
1-800-422-4453 (4 A CHILD) Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For help or questions about child abuse or child neglect, call the hotline, then push 1 to talk to a counselor.
- National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline:
1-866-331-9474 If you think you may be in an abusive relationship, call to talk with someone about it. Also call for more dating violence info & other resources for teens.
- National Hope Line Network:
1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) If you, or someone you know, is having thoughts about suicide, call to be connected to a nearby certified crisis center. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline:
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates available to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- National Hotline to Report a Missing Child
(Natl. Center for Missing & Exploited Children):
Report any information regarding a missing child to NCMEC?s Call Center. Operators are available 24-hours a day to receive sightings
For Sexual Abuse Survivors:
- RAINN: Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network - The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization. Carries out youth-friendly programs to help victims and ensure rapists are brought to justice.
- National Center For Victims of Crime Teen Victim Project - Dedicated to improving the national response to teen victims of crime.
- Promote Truth - The mission of Promote Truth is to provide support and information about sexual violence issues for teens and their communities.
- Teen Central - A password-protected, safe cyber-space for teens to work out their issues, developed by experts in teen counseling and psychology.
- NetLingo.com - Houses thousands of definitions that easily explain the Internet and the online world of business, technology, and communication.
- National Sex Offender Public Registry - Provided as a public service by the United States Department of Justice.
- Child Welfare League of America - Association of public and private nonprofit agencies that assist more than 3.5 million abused and neglected children and their families each year with a range of services.
- USDOJ: Office of Justice Programs - Partnerships for safer communities.
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Dedicated to the health of all children.
- DrGreene.com - Caring for the Next Generation - Knowledge for parents to work with their children's physicians.
- The Klaas Foundation for Children - In memory of Polly Klaas; to help protect children for generations to come. Includes Megan's Law state by state and Amber Plan state by state
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - (NCMEC) Helps find missing children and assist victims of child abduction and sexual exploitation, their families, and the professionals who serve them.
- National Vigil for Hope 2009 - A national coalition to bring public awareness to a horrible epidemic, Missing Persons.
- CodeAmber.org - The Web's Amber Alert System
- United Nations Program Against Trafficking in Minors - To reduce trafficking in minors for sexual exploitation.