Karley Cross grew up in Abilene and is a West Texas native. She began her higher education at Cisco College in Abilene, and later transferred to Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island where she studied Media & Communications, with focuses in journalism and politics.
In her free time, Karley likes to roller skate at the Oscar Rose Skate Park, paint, complete various projects, enjoy local shops and restaurants, and spend time with her 8-year-old dog, Chloe, as well as the many lifelong friends she’s made working in news since 2018.
Check out some of Karley’s favorite articles:
- A look back on 2022 across Abilene & the Big Country
- Abilene’s most Instagram-able spots
- ‘Trying to sing felt like swallowing glass’: Country singer Aaron Watson takes a break from music
- You’re saying it wrong: Abilene area roads, towns with unusual pronunciations
- Cheddar cheese lattes to habanero teas: Most interesting coffee flavors found around Abilene
- From the 1970s to the 2010s: 13 true crime stories of the Big Country
More of Karley’s favorites:
Places lived: Southern Oregon
Snack: Jalapeño chips and dark chocolate
Shows: Friends, Golden Girls, New Girl, Black-ish, Euphoria
Poem: ‘Still I Rise’ by Maya Angelou