PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) — Police have identified the Florida man who they say shot and killed an 11-year-old girl and her father over a dispute about a dog.
Port St. Lucie police said 82-year-old Ronald Delserro had two handguns when he walked into Alexander Hansman’s home Monday, killing him and Hansman’s daughter, Harper.
A police press release Wednesday said authorities received a 911 call from Harper, stating a neighbor was shooting inside the home.
After a shootout with police, Delserro was found dead, but his cause of death hasn’t been determined. An officer was shot and later released from the hospital.
Police said the shooting happened over a dispute about Delserro’s dog.
- As you look for this season’s hottest toys, beware of scams
- Healthcare workers will be first to receive COVID-19 vaccine as early as December, Gov. Abbott says
- GM to recall 7 million vehicles worldwide to replace Takata air bags
- 2 new COVID-19-related deaths, 77 positive cases reported in Taylor County
- Man leaves $3,000 tip for a single beer as Cleveland restaurant closes for virus