DETROIT, MI (WDIV) Michigan authorities say a 16-year-old girl stabbed her newborn baby to death earlier this year.
The girl has been charged as a juvenile with second-degree murder in connection with the stabbing.
According to officials, the teenager killed her baby after giving birth to it in a toilet in her family’s apartment. First responders were called to the home February 21st for a medical call, and the girl was taken to a hospital.
She allegedly stabbed the baby multiple times, put its body in a purse and hid it in a closet, where police found it the next day.
- Former ACU Coach, Chris Thomsen moves into Interim Head Coach role at FSU
- 23 new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County, 16 recoveries
- Parade marshals celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, 16 de Septiembre Parade
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- Partners with paws: Border Patrol K-9s and their handlers graduate