DETROIT, MI (WDIV) Michigan authorities say a 16-year-old girl stabbed her newborn baby to death earlier this year.
The girl has been charged as a juvenile with second-degree murder in connection with the stabbing.
According to officials, the teenager killed her baby after giving birth to it in a toilet in her family’s apartment. First responders were called to the home February 21st for a medical call, and the girl was taken to a hospital.
She allegedly stabbed the baby multiple times, put its body in a purse and hid it in a closet, where police found it the next day.
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say
- DCOA, DevelopAbilene brings new corporate headquarters to downtown
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Abilene City Council addresses proposed budget cuts
- Hendrick Hospice Care continuing work through the pandemic