ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Five suspects, including an Abilene Christian University student, were arrested during a prostitution sting operation earlier this week.
Police reports reveal the following suspects were taken into custody during an undercover sting operation that took place Wednesday and Thursday:
- Jamie Rocha, 62, charged with Prostitution Payor
- Charles Haney, 59, charged with Prostitution Payor and Possession of Marijuana
- James Cheek, 25, charged with Prostitution Payor
- Alan Bugarin, 38, charged with Prostitution
- William Tate, 19, charged with Prostitution
All five men are accused of offering to compensate an undercover police officer for sexual activity.
Most offered cash, but the reports state Cheek made a deal to trade an iPad to the undercover agent.
Tate is a current student at Abilene Christian University.
The school released a brief statement on his arrest, saying, “ACU is aware of the arrest and cannot comment any further on an ongoing investigation.”
None of these arrests are related to a human trafficking case involving at least 20 suspects in Abilene.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article once additional information is released.
- Taylor Co. residents react to lifting of statewide mask mandate
- How did solar panels fair in Abilene during winter storm, power outages?
- High School Basketball Boys and Girls Playoff Highlights and Scores: March 2
- Abilene State Park Ranger says camping gear can help in next winter storm
- Biden vows enough vaccine for all US adults by end of May