ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Abilene couple was indicted after a 1-year-old and 9-year-old child tested positive for methamphetamine.
Courtney Hunter and John Horn, both 29, were both indicted for Endangering a Child in connection to an investigation that began in April 2018.
Court documents state CPS contacted the Abilene Police Department after the kids, ages 1 and 9, tested positive for meth.
Subsequent hair-follicle tests for the children, Hunter, and Horn all came back positive for the presence of methamphetamine, according to the documents.
Investigators talked to Hunter and Horn in July, and the documents state the couple confessed to smoking meth in February and that they, “believed the children were positive because they touched the kids after smoking.”
- Washington dominates Cowboys
- Thanksgiving Forecast: B-E-A-utiful Sunny and Breezy Day in West TX.
- Big Country athletes discuss what they are thankful for
- ‘Home Alone’ display brings Christmas joy, nostalgia to Texas neighborhood
- 76-year-old Texas woman, daughter scammed in elaborate rental property scheme