ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Abilene man has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for killing a woman with a cleaver then burying her remains under his home.
Timothy Dwelle, 60, received his 50-year prison sentence Thursday for the death of Patricia Ford, whose remains were found under Dwelle’s home in 2018, two years after she went missing.
Dwelle initially gave an open plea to Murder in June for the crime.
A recorded conversation with Dwelle containing a confession of murder was provided to detectives by Ford’s daughter.
It is unclear what exact date the murder took place, but court documents believe it to have occurred on or around September 8, 2016.
In the recording, Dwelle admitted to murdering Ford with a cleaver, according to the documents.
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Weather Whiplash Expected for the Big Country.
- Preston talks with Karson Grigsby about junior golf ranking
- Wildcats run for three touchdowns vs. SFA
- Gov. Greg Abbott says ‘We must end’ mail-in ballot fraud, points to KXAN investigation finding 150 charges since 2004
- Chick-fil-A sauces will soon be sold at select grocery stores to help fund employee scholarships