ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) — Investigators say they’ve identified a 62-year-old woman as the person who died when a portable toilet exploded and burned to the ground with her inside.
St. Johns County Sheriff’s spokesman Chuck Mulligan said Tuesday that Denise Victoria McQuaig lived down the street from the portable toilet, which was outside of a home under construction. It exploded Saturday morning.
Mulligan says the cause of the explosion is still under investigation. He says the bomb squad x-rayed the melted plastic to see if anything was inside.
A neighbor called 911 Saturday morning after hearing a loud bang. The Florida Times-Union reports the portable toilet was in flames when firefighters arrived. Once they put out the fire, they found McQuaig’s body.
Mulligan says foul play isn’t suspected.
- Bacteria-sniffing dog helps keep hospital clean
- Lawmakers demand more accountability from PG&E for role in starting wildfires
- Should the Tampa Bay Buccaneers move up to draft Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa?
- Democrats back suit over SNAP work requirements
- ‘You’re holding half-a-million bucks!’ NFL auctions bring legendary memorabilia onto Big Game Bound