NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a 7-year-old child has been hospitalized after being attacked by a stranger on a street in Queens.
It happened in the Kew Gardens neighborhood just before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the child was with his parents when the 35-year-old man picked him up without provocation and threw him to the ground.
The child was hospitalized with a head injury but police say it is not life-threatening.
The man was taken into custody.
- TWC adjusts for new rounds of layoffs as Texas’ high unemployment triggers extended benefits
- Bulldogs continue workouts, set goals for the summer
- GOP to block infrastructure bill over climate requirements
- Congressional Black Caucus lays out goals, agenda to follow-up on Justice in Policing Act
- House Democrats examine U.S.-China tensions amid coronavirus