(KPNX) – Phoenix, Arizona police said Tuesday the mother of the three children found dead in their home on Monday has admitted to killing them and has been arrested.
Police said it was a 3-year-old boy, a 1-year-old girl and a 7-month-old girl who died near 24th Street and Southern Avenue Monday evening.
The mother was identified Tuesday as Rachel Henry, 22. She was been booked on three counts of first-degree murder. Police say Henry recently moved to Arizona from Oklahoma.
In her initial court appearance, a prosecutor said Henry had a drug addiction problem and her children had been taken from her custody before.
Court paperwork shows an aunt went to pick up the children’s father from work when Henry began smothering each child, starting with the 1-year-old girl.
The 3-year-old saw his mother suffocating the baby, yelled “no” and tried punching her in an attempt to get her to stop, the document shows.
Read more: http://bit.ly/36jMPzY
- Patrick Mahomes and fiancée Brittany Matthews announce they’re having a baby
- Adolescente de ciudad Juárez es atrapado con 63 pasaportes estadounidenses y mexicanos falsos
- Brown Co. reports 2 more COVID-19-related deaths
- Stimulus check update: GOP, Democrats inching closer to aid compromise
- Hombre de Louisiana es acusado de esconderse en el dormitorio de un adolescente desde el mes de agosto