HOUSTON (AP) — An early morning explosion heavily damaged a bar near downtown Houston, but there are no immediate reports of injuries.
The explosion was reported shortly before 5 a.m. Friday at Bar 5015 in the Houston Museum District. Houston TV station KHOU reports that the bar had closed at 11 p.m. the night before and that authorities believe the building was unoccupied when the blast happened.
Damage was reported to nearby buildings, including a soul food restaurant. A food truck was also destroyed. Authorities are investigating the cause of the explosion.
- Big Country residents beat the heat at Roll Shack
- Abortion ‘restrictions, bans make safe procedure unsafe’
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers pushes Brandon Act, which would improve access to mental health services for military
- Cowgirls ranked nationally to end season, three members ranked regionally
- UIL votes down shot clocks; AHS’s Reese wants to add the shot clock