ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Airman was arrested after a child pornography bust at Dyess Air Force Base.
Yi Huang, 23. was taken into custody Wednesday after a search warrant was executed at a home on the 400 block of Avenue D on Dyess Air Force Base.
He’s now being held in the Taylor County Jail for Promotion of Child Pornography.
A police report states, “Huang is accused of downloading and uploading child pornography through the use of the internet.”
Electronic devices were seized from the home and Huang’s vehicle during the investigation.
Dyess AFB released the following statement regarding Huang’s arrest:
We are aware a member of Dyess AFB has been arrested and accused of promotion of child pornography. This accusation is currently under investigation by the Abilene Police Department. These are serious accusations, and not in line with US Air Force or Team Dyess standards. That said, individuals are innocent until proven guilty. We will work with the appropriate parties, as needed, to provide any applicable information and to ensure the member is afforded due process according to the justice system.
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Cap gas prices: 6 ways to save on gasoline
- DCOA Wins economic excellence award
- See inside this incredible 1940’s-era Art Deco home that just hit the market
- Only 1 child died of flu this season – down from nearly 200