ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Police are searching for at least two suspects accused of shooting a man during a search warrant execution in Abilene overnight.
The suspects allegedly drove up to a place of business on the 5400 block of Texas Avenue while police were conducting a lawful search and began shooting, hitting one person multiple times.
That person was hospitalized but has since been released.
Officers were at the business as part of an investigation into the owner, Benjamin Yarger, 36, and another suspect Brandi Delacruz, 34.
Both Yarger and Delacruz were taken into custody on charges unrelated to the shooting.
The suspects involved in the aggravated assault are still at large.
- COVID-19 shakes up spring semester for local college students
- City of Abilene can take legal action if you don’t follow the ‘Limited Shelter-in-Place’ order
- Bill proposed provides protection for student veterans
- Global Samaritan donates PPE to City of Abilene to help prevent spread of COVID-19
- Video shows how coronavirus kills