CENTER LINE, Mich. (AP) — A Detroit woman has been arrested after part of a male friend’s tongue was bitten off as they kissed.
Youlette Wedgeworth, 52, was arraigned Wednesday on a misdemeanor aggravated assault charge, according to the Macomb County prosecutor’s office.
Police were called to the man’s Center Line apartment, north of Detroit, Tuesday to find him bleeding from the mouth and missing an inch of his tongue. Officers found the missing portion of his tongue in a bedroom. The man was taken to a hospital for treatment.
According to WXYZ, Wedgeworth had asked him not to put his tongue in her mouth. When he did anyway, she bit it off.
Wedgeworth was jailed on a $25,000 bond. A Feb. 19 pretrial conference has been scheduled.
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Small group of protesters gather outside of closed, guarded Texas Capitol on Saturday
- 5 new COVID-19-related deaths reported in Taylor County, 145 new cases
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander