ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Police believe an Abilene man accused of sexually abusing multiple children may have assaulted additional victims, and they’re asking anyone whose child had contact with him to come forward.
James Graenser, 55, was arrested Thursday for Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child and is being held in the Taylor County Jail on a $400,000 bond.
“Abilene Police detectives believe there may be other child victims and are asking anyone whose child may have had contact with Graenser to call the Abilene Police Department at (325) 676-6610,” a press release states.
Court documents state one victim told police she and her siblings were living with Graenser when he sexually abused her for years.
She said her mother, who lives in Mexico, “sent the children to live with Graenser for a better life,” according to the documents.
This victim was able to describe specific acts of sexual abuse, beginning when she was only 10-years-old.
The second victim, who is not related to the first, said Graenser sexually abused her on multiple occasions in 2016.
- TWC adjusts for new rounds of layoffs as Texas’ high unemployment triggers extended benefits
- Bulldogs continue workouts, set goals for the summer
- GOP to block infrastructure bill over climate requirements
- Congressional Black Caucus lays out goals, agenda to follow-up on Justice in Policing Act
- House Democrats examine U.S.-China tensions amid coronavirus