MARLOW, Tenn. (WATE) — A severed finger pointed deputies to a suspect Thursday during an investigation into a recent theft in Tennessee.
The Anderson County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a stolen log splitter at a property where the severed finger was found along with a cell phone, tools and other items.
Detectives found that Hugh Seeber had been dropped off at Methodist Medical Center with a missing finger. The 50-year-old was then transported to the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville for treatment.
Anderson County Detective Sean Flynn met him there, taking the severed finger with him.
Seeber was later charged with felony theft of property.
- Thursday, February 25, 2021: Chilly and overcast today with a chance for rain showers
- Rainy with cooler weather today
- Wake-Up Weather: A cold morning with increasing clouds will make for a chilly and overcast afternoon with rain chances
- Feeding Texas, food banks work to end senior citizen hunger in Abilene
- AHS Eagles season ends at hands of Byron Nelson