CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A suspect is still at large after firing eight shots into a vehicle during a road rage incident on I-20 in Callahan County, injuring a passenger inside.
The Callahan County Sheriff’s Office says the suspect, described as a heavyset white man with blond, spikey hair, opened fire at a vehicle that was travelling near a construction area on I-20 eastbound at mile marker 305.
A female passenger was shot in the leg and is receiving treatment at Hendrick Medical Center. Her current condition is unknown.
The driver of the victim’s vehicle was not injured in the shooting.
Authorities say the suspect has not been located and was last seen driving a dark-colored SUV with a partial license plate of JTW.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact the Callahan County Sheriff’s Office at (325) 854-1444.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- 5 ways COVID-19 might affect your tax bill
- State of Texas: New questions as Gov. Greg Abbott ends mask mandate
- Biden to mark ‘Bloody Sunday’ by signing voting-rights order