NEW YORK (KRON) – A teen boy accused of being part of a mob caught on camera beating a young girl and robbing her of her Air Jordan shoes in Brooklyn back in March was shot dead on Tuesday, local authorities said.
According to the New York Police Department, 16-year-old Tyquan Howard was shot in front of a building in Brooklyn and died at a nearby hospital.
Police have yet to release any details on what may have led to the shooting; no arrests have been made.
Howard was arrested and charged with gang assault in connection with the brutal assault of the 15-year-old girl back in March.
- COVID-19 cases rising among US children as schools reopen
- Biden releases 2019 tax returns ahead of debate
- Removing brain-eating amoeba from Lake Jackson’s water supply will take time, officials say
- Taylor Co. reports 15 new COVID-19 cases, 9 recoveries
- Airbnb cracks down on house parties, suspending more than 20 listings in the Austin area