ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Abilene man recently released from jail on bond for murder was a ‘no-show’ for his first day in court.

Thursday update

After being a no-show in court, Jones was again booked into the Taylor County Jail Wednesday after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. His bond is now set at $1 million.

Marvin Jones, Jr. was scheduled for a hearing in Taylor County’s District Court Wednesday morning but did not appear as promised.

This was just days after Jones was released from jail on bonds totaling $605,000 for Murder, Evading Arrest, and Abandoning/Endangering a Child.

His bond has now been increased to $1,000,000 and another warrant has been issued for his arrest.

KTAB and KRBC spoke to Jones’ attorney Marshall Magincalda, who says that Jones did not abscond – there was a clerical error that showed his court date was cancelled.

Magincalda says that Jones was willing to show up for his hearing, and he will be filing a motion to draw the error to the attention of the court.

Jones is accused of shooting and killing a man who was involved in an altercation with his father in Abilene earlier this month.

He was arrested hours after the shooting on the 5100 block of Capitol Avenue.

Court documents state an altercation between murder victim Eric Tonche, a third party, and Jones Jr’s father Marvin Jones Sr. led to the fatal shooting.

The documents reveal Tonche and the third party were inside a vehicle on Capitol Avenue when Jones Sr, who had a known issue with the third party, approached.

UPDATE: Homicide in west Abilene, suspect arrested

Tonche and the third party then got out of the vehicle, according to the documents, which state the third party and Jones Sr. started to get into a physical altercation, prompting Jones Jr. to come outside from a home on Capitol Avenue and fire shots at Tonche and the third party, hitting Tonche at least one time.

Police were able to locate the the third party, who fled the scene during the shooting, and the documents state he identified Jones Jr. as the shooting suspect.

A witness also told police that they saw both Jones Sr. and Jones Jr. go into a home on Captial Avenue, then the documents state this witness say Jones Jr. exit with a child and leave in a vehicle.

He was later located near the Mall of Abilene.

No further information has been released.