(NBC) – Ellen DeGeneres is speaking out after controversy erupted when she was spotted sitting next to former President George W. Bush at this past weekend’s Dallas Cowboys game against the Green Bay Packers.
Simultaneously keeping things light while also discussing the matter on Tuesday’s episode of her talk show, the comedian explained how she wound up in the suite next to Bush, noting she was invited to the game by Charlotte Jones, the daughter of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
“We went because we wanted to keep up with the Joneses,” she said, drawing laughs.
- Teen runs his own marathon after missing race due to cancer treatment
- Photo of exhausted nurse goes viral: ‘Can we just give it up for nurses for a minute?’
- A grandma’s extreme weight loss and fitness transformation
- NC teacher accused of putting disabled student in trash
- Burger King selling ‘Ghost Whopper’ for Halloween