(NBC) – Ellen DeGeneres is speaking out after controversy erupted when she was spotted sitting next to former President George W. Bush at this past weekend’s Dallas Cowboys game against the Green Bay Packers.
Simultaneously keeping things light while also discussing the matter on Tuesday’s episode of her talk show, the comedian explained how she wound up in the suite next to Bush, noting she was invited to the game by Charlotte Jones, the daughter of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
“We went because we wanted to keep up with the Joneses,” she said, drawing laughs.
- Texas Water Development Board approves $754,600 to City of Carbon for water system improvements
- Marijuana use rises among adults 65 and older
- State police in Texas issued 1 million licenses to carry firearms in last decade
- Thursday, February 27, 2020: Mild and breezy… Fire weather concerns
- Warming Trend Starts Today