Back to School is here but before your little one heads to class you’ll want to make sure their backpack is doing harm to their back.
- Fit backpack to length of child’s torso and up to 2 inches below waist
- Always use both shoulder straps, keeping backpack close to body
- A chest or waist strap can be very helpful
- Weight of backpack should ideally be 10-20% of child’s body weight
- Pack heaviest items in the middle and closest to the back
- Pack according to your child’s schedule
- Check your posture throughout the day
- Stand up tall, shoulders back and ears over shouldersDon’t stay in the same position for too long
- Hold your tummy tight, but still be able to breath
Hendrick Center for Rehabilitation
1934 Hickory St.